Steps to take after being in a Vehicle Accident

Vehicle accident
Consult FT Law firm in case of any vehicle accident

According to the US Department of Transportation, 3,921 people were killed and 104,000 people were injured in a vehicle accident involving large trucks in the United States in 2012 alone.  With the increase in traffic congestion on American roadways, truck and car accidents are on the rise in Texas.

If you are involved in a car or truck accident, you must take some crucial steps to protect your interests.  At FT Law Firm, PLLC, we specialize in representing clients who are hurt in car and truck accidents on roadways throughout Texas.

 If you are injured in a vehicle accident, we recommend that you take the following steps:

  1. STOP AT THE SCENE. Stop and exchange contact information and insurance information with drivers on the scene of the accident.
  2. GET A POLICE REPORT.  Call the police and report the accident.  Insist that the police issue a report of the accident if there are injuries.  Tell the investigating officer exactly what happened.  Police reports are often relied upon by insurance adjusters and juries in determining the cause of the accident.
  3. CALL THE AMBULANCE AND SEEK TREATMENT. If you are injured, call for an ambulance and seek treatment at a local hospital.
  4. CALL AN ATTORNEY. If you are injured, call an attorney specializing in accidents and injuries immediately.  Seek out an attorney who has experience handling injury cases.
  5. BE ON YOUR GUARD WHEN TALKING TO INSURANCE ADJUSTERS. We recommend speaking to an experienced attorney before discussing injuries with or providing a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster.  Insurance adjusters are trained to protect the insurance company.  It is important that you have an experienced attorney on your side when dealing with experienced insurance adjusters.
  6. FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AT FT LAW FIRM PLLC. We provide free initial consultations on personal injury cases.  Also, you will not have to pay any attorney fees until and unless there is a recovery on your case.             Call FT Law Firm, PLLC at (214) 449-0007 to speak to an attorney if you are injured in an accident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *